Thursday, January 29, 2009

Young Janes Top 10






When you visit Young Janes, you'll notice certain themes running throughout the shop!  So we've decided to give you an idea of what we love, a list of those things in the world that make us ever so happy to be alive!  We hope you'll agree...

#1  Birds




They are just beautiful, inspiring creatures.  They are delicate and elegant, and if there is a bird on anything, I just have to have it! In fact a bird will be my tattoo in a couple weeks...so now you can see the extent of my love for our feathery friends!

Which brings me to :




#2 Feathers





Once again, the feather is everywhere!  In your hair, on your clothes.... In fact the image of a feather can go almost anywhere!  If you don't already have a feather hair accessory, then go out and get one now!


#3  Lace




Vintage clothing invokes a feeling of romance.  And lace is huge part of that.  It is delicate, and intricately made, and no wardrobe would be complete without it.  It adds texture, and originality to any outfit!




#4  Ruffles


I have to say, that all my friends know that if an item of clothing has ruffles on it, then it is sooooo me!  I do admit that my motto is: "Everything is better with ruffles".  Once again sweet and romantic...love it!!


#5  Cats
This is my baby Chloe!  I have always been a cat lover, to the point where I once worried that I might end up alone with a hundred cats!  Well I no longer have to worry...I am happily married with only 1 cat!  Pheww.....but none the less the image of a cat is prominent here at Young Janes!!  Mon Chat J'adore


#6  Deers and other woodland creatures



We've all seen the trend.  T-shirts, lumberjack shirts, wolves, bears....they all rock.  Guys, take inspiration from Flight of the Concords!




#7  Vampires
You gotta love Vampires!!  I think they went through a bit of a lull after Interview with a Vampire, but they are back in full force!  Twighlight:  the best thing since sliced bread!! I have literally never been so obsessed with any books/movie before ever!! If you haven't already gotten into it, you really have no idea what you're missing!  And lets not forget True Blood:  Also based on books, this HBO drama is totally addictive....


#8  Indie Music
 Natasha Khan, of Bat for Lashes, is just one of the many inspiring musicians you'll hear playing while shopping at Young Janes!  Don't hesitate to ask if you like what's playing.  Many of these female vocalists have the most original style, we could all take a hint and try something new, and avant guard. 





#9  Horses






Figurines, Prints or paintings for your wall, jewellery, printed t-shirts, embrace em all!  Let the free spirit of the horse inspire you in some way.



#10  Braids


They are the perfect solution to a bad hair day!  The possibilities are endless.  You can wear one long braid, more than one braid, turn a braid into a bun, or pin them up Heidi style!  The choice is yours, just play around with them, and you'll see!


No comments: